The World’s Only Muslim Majority Focused Medical Tourism Event
The World Medical Tourism Summit focuses primarily on the needs of the Muslim majority medical tourism sector and is the only event worldwide to highlight the specific needs of this booming market.
The changing healthcare landscape in the Middle East is opening new opportunities for buyers and providers of healthcare services to enter this buoyant market and capitalize on growing spending in the region.
Until now, there has been no forum dedicated to the needs of medical tourism professionals working predominantly in Muslim majority markets. The World Medical Tourism Summit addresses this issue by bringing you the most targeted event ever delivered for medical tourism and healthcare professionals wishing to network with the most important OIC member state based suppliers and buyers. At the summit, we match medical tourism and healthcare buyers with sellers and offer an unparalleled opportunity for networking at the highest level.
The global medical and wellness tourism market is valued at US$50 billion and is growing at a rate of 25% per year. No other event in the region offers you access to both the global providers and international medical tourism buyers actively responsible for this growth, all at one time, under one roof.
What’s more, the event delivers a first-class seminar programme addressing regional issues, cultural awareness and needs, case studies and insider industry knowledge from experts already successfully working in and benefiting from the impressive growth in the OIC member state international medical tourism field.
By participating in The World Medical Tourism Summit, exhibitors, delegates and visitors alike benefit from exclusive access to the top providers and buyers responsible for medical tourism facilities, treatments and budgets from Muslim majority countries.
The event is co-located with 4 other tourism exhibitions each targeting Muslim majority tourism professionals and offers an all-encompassing and unique forum for exhibitors, visitors and buyers alike.
The World Medical Tourism Summit attracts
- 800+ trade visitors and delegates
- 100+ leading global medical tourism exhibitors
- 50 industry leader speakers
- 100+ hosted qualified VIP buyers
- 30 countries
- Key industry experts from insurance companies, investors, employers, governments and healthcare providers.
Medical tourism facts
The global medical tourism industry is set to grow annually at an unprecedented rate due to the following key factors:
- Patients have access to a wider choice of medical treatments internationally
- An increasing level of affluent medical patients who chose to travel for treatment
- New destination markets offering competitively priced treatment
- An ever-increasing number of countries offering universal care are faced with ever-increasing resource burdens which require patients to seek treatment abroad
- Over 14 million people worldwide are travelling for healthcare purposes each year
- Due to the growth of the medical tourism industry, many insurance companies now have started providing speciﬁc medical tourism insurance
- With the medical tourism industry growing at such unprecedented rates, large global hotel groups are now partnering with hospital groups to offer complete packages for medical tourists
- GCC countries are developing large medical cities and complexes with billions of dollars of investments already secured. These healthcare developments raise the supply of medical infrastructure and the quality of healthcare services in the region
- There is an estimated US$20 billion in outbound medical tourism coming from GCC countries
800 + attendees
100 + exhibitors
100 + hosted qualified VIP buyers
Key industry players from insurance companies, investors, employers, governments and healthcare providers